Want to help develop AWOB? Here are some suggestions:
Bibliographies needed – got one in your files? Want to have your graduate students produce one?
- Most major Greek dramatists (Aeschylus, Sophocles, Euripides, Aristophanes) have relatively little coverage right now. Bibliographies including editions and fundamental studies are needed, as are bibliographies on individual works.
Broad subject areas needing attention – in these subjects I have added bibliographies as I have run across them, but not systematically looked for bibliographies to give comprehensive coverage of topics.
- Greek Prehistory
- Classical Art, Architecture, and Archaeology
- Archaeology the Ancient Near East, especially not connected with texts, for all areas outside of modern Israel
- Egyptian Art and Architecture
- Archaeological Science in multiple regions and for multiple topics (botany, dating, etc.)
Areas with almost nothing – take this on as an editor!
- South Asia
- East Asia
- Europe before the Greek/Roman interactions
- Northern Africa (outside of Egypt) before the Greek/Roman interactions
- Sub-Saharan Africa
Sign up to edit the Wiki, join the Zotero group, or email me directly at phoebe.acheson at gmail.
Pingback: AWOB One-Year Report | Ancient World Open Bibliographies